Saturday, May 30, 2009

So you want to teach ESL? Haaa!!!!!

Hello all:
I am glad now that you can view my blogg now. So you want to become a teacher? I think it is possible with hard work and a bit of luck. Teaching five years from now will be much more different than teaching a year ago, because we will have to deal with new technologies and pedagogies. I believe getting a PhD in applied linguistics takes too much time and effort, and it is not for everyone. I know that schooling is good for you, but let us face it too much schooling can be hazardous to your health. You need to live your life, have some fun, make a little money, contribute to society, and grow in multi-fasceted dimentions. Anyways, all I want to say is that some people want to just get multiple degrees, but brother the rest of us want to live a happy and simple life. If you are young and have the money and the grades go for a PhD I say......smile.

1 comment:

  1. As someone with a Ph.D., I agree, sometimes too much schooling isn't good for you - yes, even hazardous to your mental health. If you do it for the love of seeking and furthering knowledge and the hope that you'll be gainfully employed in your field, it may be worth it. All in all, I still just want to lead a happy simple life too, even though I'm not young (wasn't really when I started the Ph.D. either), and don't have the money to show for it. Ph.D.s are rarely about money, in my experience.

    ReplyDelete