Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Thank you note to Dr. Lia on behalf of our entire class!!

I am writing this to thank Dr. Lia on behalf of our entire TESL 565 class. This has been an absolutely fun class, and we all learned a lot about technology. I am even tempted to take more computer classes in the future. Dr. Lia made learning fun and easy, and I hope I have not let her down. The stuff we learned in this class has many applications in the field of education. Afterall, computers are not all that bad, and one has to know how to operate them by some means in this day and age. Anyways, I will not bore you any longer, and just wanted to thank Dr. Lia for all that she is doing for us all, and if Dr. Lia offers a second computer class I would gladly take it. Have a nice day all.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I have learned so much from this computer class! I did not think i would be able to crate a website before I took this class, and now we finish up our project for the final. I would like to thank Dr.Kamhi-stein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. i'm so glad I took this class..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this class and neglected my other studies during the quarter because I wanted to experiment with everything we learned. I like to look up websites by artists and always wondered how they created their sites. Now I know some of the tricks. I would like to put together another website for ESL students about women in the arts. It would be a fun summer project, I think. Most likely I will invest in Dreamweaver for the next site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words! But as Bookworm put it, once you start developing websites you can be hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this class, too. You're right, Tony, a big thank you is in order to Dr. Lia--computers can be so intimidating, but with a teacher who is sympathetic to all the unexpected things that can happen--and ready to help resolve those issues, there's no reason to be afraid. I've gained some confidence to continue creating computer-based lessons & activities. I also started a blog for my students to keep in touch with me (and practice English) over the summer. This wouldn't have been possible 10 weeks ago!

    As for summer classes, the Computer Lab in the library offers workshops over the summer, I believe. Their schedule should be out now. I'd like to learn DreamWeaver next.

    ReplyDelete